Greenville Pediatrics at Verdae Staff
Owner, Occupational Therapy
Dillen graduated from the University of Pretoria, South Africa, School of Occupational Therapy in 1995 and moved to the USA in 1996. He is co-owner of Advanced Therapy Solutions. Dillen has 19 years of clinical experience and is trained in multiple treatment approaches with both adults and pediatrics. Dillen’s interest is in the areas of Autism, developmental disorders, sensory processing disorders, ADHD, ADD and learning disabilities. He is trained and experienced in sensory integration, neuromuscular re-education, brain gym, vision therapy, environmental adaptation, Tai-Chi, yoga, Interactive Metronome and Integrated Listening Systems. He serves on the Clinical Advisory Board for Interactive Metronome and he is also a certified iLs trainer and is often asked to present his views and treatment approaches in treatment of children internationally. Dillen lives in Duncan with his wife, Miki and their two sons, Jakob and Austen.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Sydney, Australia
- Favorite Hobbies: Wood working, Golf and Hiking
Kathie completed her undergraduate work at Purdue University with a degree in Child Development and Family Studies. She then obtained her Masters in Occupational Therapy at the University of Indianapolis. She has been working with children of all ages and varying challenges for over 20 years. Kathie is a certified Interactive Metronome and Integrated Listening Systems provider. She currently lives in Greenville with her daughter, Reagan.
- Favorite Color: purple
- Favorite Food: pizza
- Favorite Vacation Spot: anywhere that has mountains
- Favorite Hobbies: anything outdoors, hiking, kayaking, running and jewelry making
- Professional Interests: Sensory Processing/ASD, ADHD/Learning differences, Feeding disorders
Andrea graduated from Gardner-Webb University with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in 2006. After moving to Greenville, she worked as an ABA therapist before pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career. She graduated from the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at Greenville Tech in 2011. Andrea joined the ATS staff in March of 2012. She is certified in integrated Listening systems and Interactive Metronome. Andrea lives in Greenville with her husband Robby and dog, Winnie.
- Favorite Color: orange
- Favorite Food: chips & salsa
- Favorite Vacation Spot: beach
- Favorite Hobbies: spending time with friends and family, traveling, taking pictures
- Professional Interests: Learning Disabilities, Sensory Processing
Emily is a graduate of the Medical University of South Carolina where she completed her masters of occupational science. Emily completed her undergraduate degree at the University of North Carolina Wilmington in Psychology and English. Emily has worked in a variety of settings, but pediatrics is her favorite! Emily recently joined the aquatic therapy team here at ATS. Emily currently resides in Greenville with her husband, Thad, daughter, Avery, golden retriever, Marshall and cat, Bella.
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Food: Chocolate
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Wilmington, NC
- Favorite Hobbies: Board Games, Reading, Playing Outside with my Family
- Professional Interests: Handwriting, Aquatic Therapy, Adaptive Equipment
Chris joined the ATS team in 2011 and is certified in Integrated Listening Systems and Interactive Metronome. Prior to completing the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at Greenville Tech, he studied percussion at Anderson University. In addition to providing occupational therapy services at ATS, he also teaches music at NoteAbility Music School in Greer. He lives in Taylors with his wife, Jerri, and their spunky little girl, Eliza.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: French Fries
- Favorite Vacation Spot: New Orleans
- Favorite Hobbies Tennis, ping pong, basketball, movies, traveling, Clemson football, and spending time with family & friends
- Professional Interests: The therapeutic benefits of music; Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Jessica de Vos
Jessica received her Bachelor’s of Science in Health Education in 2009 at the University of Florida. She went on to obtain her Doctor of Physical Therapy at the University of Florida in 2012. She is a certified Brain Injury Specialist, and is an APTA credentialed clinical instructor. Jessica comes with us with experience in pediatrics, adult acute care and geriatric rehabilitation. Jessica joined our team in October 2015 and works between both our Verdae and Haywood clinics. She lives in Greenville with her husband, Soren.
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Food: Mint Chocolate chip ice cream
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Any beach
- Favorite Hobbies: Yoga, crafting, baking, antique shopping
- Professional Interests: Acquired Brain Injuries, Early Development
Amanda is from Columbia, SC and graduated from Furman University with a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences. She received her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy degree from Belmont University in May 2015 and joined the ATS family in June 2015. She serves as the director of aquatic therapy at ATS. Amanda is currently certified in Integrated Listening Systems and has been educated in the use of aquatic therapy techniques for treatment.
- Favorite Color: Turquoise & Navy
- Favorite Food: Mexican anything!
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Beach
- Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, being outside, spending time with friends and family
- Professional Interests: Aquatic therapy, Sensory Processing/ASD, Sensory Integration Disorders, Learning Differences, and supporting children and their family’s needs
Barbara joined the ATS Kids team in December 2015. She has a Bachelor’s of Science in Physical Therapy, and holds a Master’s degree in Child Development. She is certified in Preliminary Neuro-developmental Treatment, Kinesiotaping 1-3, Myfascial Release, and Spasticity Management. Barbara has an extensive background in pediatric physical therapy in a variety of settings including the NICU, Acute inpatient, outpatient and home health. Barbara specializes in treating infants (birth-3) and working with medically fragile/complex population including children who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Barbara lives in Greer with her husband, Ed and cat, Sharkbait.
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Food: Lobster, Pizza
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Beach, Central America (Guatamala)
- Favorite Hobbies: Cooking, crafting, kayaking, bicycling
- Professional Interests: Early childhood development (birth-3); Medically fragile/complex; Torticollis/plagiocephaly.
Sam is a transplant from Baltimore MD. He graduated from Baltimore City Community College as a Physical Therapist Assistant in 2014. Sam worked at a pediatric rehab hospital in Baltimore and in addition to therapy treatments, was involved with design and fabrication of adaptive equipment. He currently lives in Greer with his wife and 2 children.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Any ski resort out west in winter
- Favorite Hobbies Travel, hiking, photography, welding and woodworking
- Professional Interests: Adaptive equipment, Orthopedics, Orthotics/Prosthetics.
Emily is from Red Bud, IL and graduated from Missouri State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Movement Science. She received her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy degree from Creighton University in May 2016 and joined the ATS family in June 2016. Emily is currently certified in Integrated Listening Systems and Interactive Metronome.
- Favorite Color: Lime green
- Favorite Food: Any type of ice cream
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Mountains, skiing in Colorado
- Favorite Hobbies Traveling, hiking, camping, trying new things
- Professional Interests: Sensory Processing/ASD, Sensory Integration Disorders, Feeding and Swallowing, and Academics and Learning Disabilities.
Kelly earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina Upstate in 2009. She joined the ATS team in 2012 as the Intake Coordinator in Greenville. As the practice has grown, so has her position with ATS. She enjoys spending time with her niece and nephews and lives in Simpsonville.
- Favorite Color: Clemson orange
- Favorite Food: Mexican
- Favorite Vacation Spot: New York City
- Favorite Hobbies College football and Yankees baseball
- Professional Interests: Making a difference in the lives of the patients by making their experience at ATS a pleasant one from every aspect.
Shelley is our Intake Coordinator. She is a student at Greenville Technical College working towards her Associates Degree in Health Information Management. She has a passion for helping others and watching them grow as they meet their goals. She is a firm believer that each patient deserves the highest quality of patient care. Shelley has over three years experience in the health care field. She is a Greenville Native and joined our team back in July. In her spare time, she enjoys going to 9Round, hanging out with her family and friends, and of course watching Clemson Football. GO TIGERS!
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Mexican
- Favorite Vacation Spot: The Beach
- Professional Interests: Health Information Management which is the practice of acquiring, analyzing, and protecting digital and traditional medical information vital to providing quality patient care.