Volunteers/ Observers/ Students
PEDIATRIC FACILITIES ONLY.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic and current procedures limiting attendants in our clinics, we are not accepting any new observation students at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to providing these opportunities at a later date.
General Information for Volunteers/ Observers/ Students:
We appreciate your interest in Advanced Therapy Solutions! If you want to spend time in an outpatient therapy setting, please read through the following information. High school students, college students, as well as prospective PT/PTA and OT/OTA students can observe at our facilities. We also welcome volunteers and interns to our therapy facilities.
We strive to coordinate opportunities for both clinical students, interns and volunteers, while maintaining the privacy and dignity of our patients. We may ask you to complete a volunteer application, which helps us understand more of your specific intent and goals through your experience at ATS. This helps us coordinate scheduling.
We have certain expectations of the students/volunteers/observers that we accept. Below, you will find general information on our process.
- Depending on the number of hours requested and specific clinic, you may be asked to come into the facility for a "meet and greet" session. This is where we get to know a little bit about you and learn what your expectations are. We will give you a tour of the facility and introduce you to our staff. We will also discuss some of our expectations of you.
- Next, we may schedule an interview/orientation to go over specific documents such as dress code, HIPAA confidentiality agreement, and facility policies and procedures. We will also discuss dates and times of interest for volunteering/observing.
- Once both parties agree that the requirements have been met, you can begin your official training.
*Due to the sensitivity of our pediatric side, we limit the number of students and volunteers, so please be aware we may not be able to guarantee all your requested hours.
*Hours will be determined by the facility's availability and the clinic director/ volunteer coordinator.*
Different ways that you can become a part of the ATS team:
- Volunteers/Observers: We allow high school and college students to observe PT/OT evaluations and treatments so that they can become familiar with what we do in therapy. As a volunteer, you may be asked to help out with other clinical and administrative tasks and perform some tech duties such as assisting PT/OT and/or admin staff with their tasks.
- Interns: Undergraduate college students can do an internship with ATS. We will need to know the expectations from the school and what the requirements are before acceptance. The number of hours will be determined by the clinic's availability to accommodate you and your schedule.
- PT/PTA or OT/OTA Prospective Students (seeking observational hours for admittance into program): Students will observe and assist their assigned therapist/mentor with daily duties. We reserve the right to follow the stated maximum hours allotment.
- PT/PTA maximum: 25 hours total
- OT/OTA maximum: 20 hours total
- PT/OT Technician: This is an employment opportunity that allows the tech to work under the PT/OT staff. In general, duties include assisting staff with daily duties; available upon request and employment availability.
Who to Contact:
For more information on opportunities at our adult facilities, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on opportunities at our pediatric facilities, please send your request to email@example.com. Our pediatric side request your complete the Volunteer Application for your initial contact and request.