Occupational Therapy, Clinic Owner
Dillen is a graduate of the University of Pretoria with a degree in occupational therapy. Dillen was born and raised in a gold mining town in South Africa. He moved to the United States in April of 1996. Dillen and his business partner, Niel Visser, started Advanced Therapy Solutions in 2003. Dillen and Niel manage and own five therapy clinics; two adult clinics and three pediatric clinics in Spartanburg and Greenville. Dillen enjoys teaching and mentoring students and other therapists. He is very motivated in building therapeutic alliances with team members, parents, and teachers. Dillen is passionate, dedicated, and motivated to serve as a husband, father, therapist, friend, leader and a child of God. Dillen lives with his amazing wife Miki and their three sons, Jakob, Austen, and Michael.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Park City, Utah
- Favorite Hobbies: Carpentry, playing games, camping, traveling, and snow boarding
- Professional Interests: Sensory Processing and Learning Disorders
- Professional Certifications and Training:
STAR Institute Research Mentorship
IM Pediatric Best Practice Certification iLs Advanced Practitioner Certification
Safe and Sound Therapy/ Polyvagal Theory
Handwriting Without Tears
Clinic Director – Physical Therapy
Lisa joined the ATS team in January 2015. Lisa grew up in Pennsylvania and headed South to receive her Doctor of Physical of Physical Therapy from the University of South Carolina in 2009. Lisa is trained in TheraSuit® and TheraSuit Method®, with a specialized interest in the neurological population and early motor reflex integration. Lisa is a Certified American Board of Physical Therapy Pediatric Specialist. She lives in Inman with her husband, Trey and dog, Salem.
- Favorite Color: Red and Orange
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Topsail Beach, Florida Keys
- Favorite Hobbies: Reading, Reading, Cycling, Running, Spending time with friends and family
- Professional Interests: Early Intervention and the Neurological patient population
Lauren earned a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Erskine College in 2011 and graduated from Greenville Technical College as a Physical Therapist Assistant in 2014. She joined the ATS team in 2014. Lauren is a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. Lauren lives in Simpsonville with her husband, Tyler and her daughter, Kennedy.
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Food: Sushi, Chick-Fil-A, and ice cream
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Beach
- Favorite Hobbies Traveling with family, UGA football games, and being outdoors
- Professional Interests: Early Childhood Development
Nicole joined ATS, Kids in 2019. Nicole grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and moved to South Carolina in 2019. She received her undergraduate degree from Kent State University and her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Cleveland State University in December 2018. Nicole especially enjoys working with Neuromuscular Disorders and within Early Intervention. She currently lives in Simpsonville with her boyfriend, Nick and dog, Finn.
- Favorite Food: Chicken Paprikash
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Hilton Head or Colorado
- Favorite Hobbies: Hiking with my pup, cooking, snowboarding, traveling
McKayla joined ATS, Kids in 2020. McKayla is an upstate local and grew up in Anderson, SC. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from Anderson University in 2017 and graduated from Greenville Technical College in 2019 as a Physical Therapist Assistant. McKayla especially enjoys working in Early Childhood Development and Gait Abnormalities. She currently lives in Anderson but plans to move to Greenville soon.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Chick-fil-A, steak, and chocolate
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Destin, FL
- Favorite Hobbies: Hiking, snowboarding, traveling, going to the lake, and spending time with family and friend
Lauren graduated from Florida International University with a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy in 2011. Lauren is certified in Integrated Listening Systems and Interactive Metronome. Lauren is also a Registered Yoga Teacher and is certified in Hot Yatra Yoga. Lauren lives in Greer with daughter, Marianna.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Brownies
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Colorado
- Favorite Hobbies: Yoga, Team sports, Cooking
- Professional Interests: Sensory Integration
Jennie graduated from Augusta University with her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. After completing her internship at ATS during the summer of 2017, Jennie knew this is where she was meant to be and joined the team in fall 2017. Jennie is certified in Interactive Metronome and has a passion for championing the dreams and goals of kids, young adults and their families. Jennie is excited to call Greenville “home”, and lives here with her Australian shepherd puppy, Mac.
- Favorite Color: Blue and Yellow
- Favorite Food: Bacon and my mama’s Italian
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Orange Beach, AL and visits back home to Long Island, NY
- Favorite Hobbies: Spending time with my family and friends, making goofy videos with friends, crafting/decorating, baking and discovering new music.
- Professional Interests: Sensory
Occupational Therapy – Clinical Supervisor
Alex attended UNC-Chapel Hill where she received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology (go heels!) and graduated with her Master of Science in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in July 2018. She discovered OT through volunteering as a research assistant on a project that looked at the way kiddos with autism processed sensory information. She is originally from Raleigh, NC but currently live in Greenville, SC with her fiancé (who also happens to be named Alex). She began working at ATS, Kids in 2018.
- Favorite Color: Carolina Blue
- Favorite Food: Chicken fajitas
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere in the mountains but the Colorado Rocky Mountains are #1
- Favorite Hobbies: Hiking, spending time with friends, family and my two pups, camping, finding new local restaurants to try, reading, yoga, watching Carolina (UNC) basketball
- Professional Interests: Sensory Processing, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Research
Regan attended the University of South Carolina where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science. She also graduated with her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina in 2011. She discovered OT through her own need for rehabilitation services as a high school athlete, but fell in love with pediatric rehabilitation during undergraduate volunteer work. She is originally from Fort Mill, SC but currently lives in Greenville, SC with her husband (Jon), daughter (Avery) and son (Hudson). She began working at ATS Kids in 2019.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Quesadillas & Donuts
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Lake Tahoe (where I got engaged!)
- Favorite Hobbies: hiking, Gamecock Football, reading, singing really loud, dancing when no one’s watching, spending time with family and friends, browsing any Target or Hobby Lobby store
- Professional Interests: reflex integration & sensory processing
Blaire attended West Virginia University, and completed a clinical rotation with ATS Kids. She graduated with her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and officially joined ATS in September 2019. Blaire is originally from Charleston, West Virginia, and moved down South to Greenville with her bernese mountain dog, Tank.
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Food: Anything chocolate!
- Favorite Vacation Spot: The Bahamas
- Favorite Hobbies: Exploring dog friendly places in the area, spinning classes, walking my dog!
- Professional Interests: Reflex integration & Neuroanatomy
Karen joined ATS, Kids in 2020. Karen grew up in Anderson, SC and recently moved back to the upstate in 2019 after completing her graduate degree in Atlanta, Georgia. She received her BS in Health Science undergraduate degree from Clemson University and her Master of Occupational Therapy degree from Georgia State University in December 2018. Karen especially enjoys working with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Foster Care/Adoptive families. She and her husband, David, have been happily married since 2017 and have a dog, Wren, named after the park where they got engaged.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Asian cuisine, anything sweet
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Charleston, Hawaii and the Alps
- Favorite Hobbies: Baking, hiking, traveling anywhere I can
Nicole joined ATS, Kids in 2020. Though she was born in Soundbeach, New York, Nicole moved to Gaffney, South Carolina, when she was a thirteen. She moved to Greenville in 2018 and now calls it home. Nicole graduated with an Associate of Science degree in Occupational Therapy Assisting in 2019. Nicole is especially interested in Trauma Informed Care within pediatrics. She and her husband, Fernando, have been happily married since 2008 and have a son, Tony.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Steak and potatoes
- Favorite Vacation Spot: The mountains
- Favorite Hobbies: Playing soccer with my boys and a good movie at home